Location: Rukungiri, Mitooma-Bushenyi, and Ntungamo Districts, Western Uganda
Project Timeline: April 1st 2023 – March 31st 2024
Partner: RWIDF (Rukungiri Women Integrated Development Foundation)
Project Fund Code: UGRWIDF2024
How Many People Will the Project Help? Over 1,500 people
DONATION GOAL FOR THIS PROJECT: $28,979 CAD.
This year’s School Challenge will help three primary schools in the Mitooma, Ntungamo, and Rukungiri district of Western Uganda. Nyakishwojwa Primary School is in Rwanyabujana village, Mitooma district, and its 550 students and teachers will receive a 30,000L rainwater harvesting tank. Kitoojo Model Primary School is in Kitoojo village, Ntungamao district, and its 1,270 students and teachers will also receive a 30,000L rainwater harvesting tank. Finally, Kafuka Primary School is in Rushaya village, Rukungiri district, and its 164 students and teachers will receive a 4-stance lined Ventilated Improved Pit (VIP) latrine. With a total donation goal of $28,979 CAD, the 2023-24 School Challenge project will help more than 1,984 people access clean water and sanitation services by March 2024.
How Can Our School Help?
There are a couple of ways that you can help with this project through the School Challenge. Of course, you can fundraise to help contribute (if you need some ideas to get you jump-started, click here), but you can also help to raise awareness of the issue!
Here are some tips to help share why you’re passionate about clean water with everyone, such as:
- Create an Event on Facebook, or post about what you’ve learned in your status.
- Make a video and share with friends and family, or online.
- Take photos of the work you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
- Make poster to put up around your school.
- Start a Ryan’s Well Club at your school or on Facebook.
- Reach out to your local newspaper, radio station, etc., to share why you’re passionate about access to clean water.
If you want to read about some students just like you who made an incredible difference, check out our Get Motivated page!
What Resources Are There to Help Me on My Fundraising Journey?
If you visit our School Challenge Resources page, you’ll find plenty of resources to help you along. You will find:
- School Challenge Kit
- Mazes and Word Finds
- A “Ryan and Jimmy” crossword puzzle to accompany the book
- A Target Water Drop, so you can track your fundraising progress
- Lots of videos to teach you about our work, and to see its impact
- And more!
You can also find fundraising resources (such as posters, brochures, and donation jar wrappers) by visiting our Fundraising Resources page.
As always, thank you so much, students and teachers, for all your hard work. You’ve made such an incredible difference in the lives of so many people since the School Challenge project began, and we can’t thank you enough. If you have any questions, or there is anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.