Ryan’s Well, along with local partner DONA (Dawn of the New Age) will continue our work in the Ashanti region of Southwest Ghana and will benefit more than 38,342 people.
What do the funds support?
- Drilling nine new deep boreholes.
- Six overheard holding tanks (for 4 Health Centres and 2 schools).
- Piping and washing sinks for 4 Health Centres
- Training Needs Assessment (TNA) for WATSANS, Care Takers and Mechanics.
- Capacity Building for seven WATSANs and 2 School Health Coordinators.
- Capacity Building for nine Facility Management Committees (Care Takers).
- Capacity Building for local Pump Mechanics.
- WASH Training for 3 Communities, 2 schools, and staff at 4 Health Centres.
- Ongoing local monitoring and evaluation
- Purchase of Mazda BT50 Pick-Up Truck for DONA Field Use. *
We have partnered once again with Dawn of a New Age (DONA) in Southwest to build nine deep boreholes. This access to safe water and WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) education will assist not only the people in these targeted communities but also the surrounding areas, as many people travel from far distances to access these health centres. Water Committees (WATSANs) and School Health Coordinators will be established within communities to ensure the responsible management and maintenance of these water projects. These community leaders provide the level of ownership needed to ensure the sustainability of these water projects.
* DONA works closely with the benefitting communities during and after the project implementation. This requires frequent field visits by the DONA team, and often the rural sites are extremely difficult to access (rough, dirt roads from flooding and droughts; overgrown vegetation; etc.). The DONA team are in need of a new truck to conduct their work safely. Therefore, we have included the cost of a Mazda pick-up truck in this donation goal. Purchasing the DONA team an improved truck to conduct their field work will not only guarantee their safety and efficiency this year, but will allow us to continue our sustainable, self-sufficient project work in Southwest Ghana long-term.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project.