Get inspired by any of these fun, easy fundraising ideas – or use them to help create your own!
Cyberheroes Adventure App:
Ryan’s Well has partnered with Cyberhero League, an educational gaming adventure, to create their 20th Anniversary Back-to-School Adventure. The app, designed especially for Ryan’s Well, gives kids a way to fundraise while learning about water and sanitation-related issues and tackling global challenges. Think you’re up to the challenge? Click here to start your quest!
Walk, run, skip, spin, ski, skate, swim rollerblade, dance, yoga… you get the idea! Use your favourite sport or activity to collect donations and pledges.
Ask a neighbor, local store, community park or your parents if you can garden, shovel, pick weeds, cut grass or rake leaves in exchange for a donation.
Fill a jar with candy, coins, nails, screws or any other item and have people pay to guess how many it took to fill it! If the jar isn’t filled with something yummy (like candy) to win – be sure to have a prize to help entice people to play.
Make your next get-together one to remember by choosing a theme and asking a donation to attend. 80’s rocker, favourite muppet character, famous athlete – the possibilities are endless!
Organize a spelling, geography, math, chemistry or other specialized subject bee. Create a list of words or equations of increasing difficulty and collect donations from participants and spectators.
Create t-shirts, buttons, wrist bands, patches, calendars, recipe books, hats or other merchandise with your fundraising message and sell them them at a competitive price.
Collected unwanted and gently used toys, books, exercise equipment, clothes, furniture and other items from friends and family to sell at school or in the community. Advertise your sale with posters, through community papers and online!
There are so many things you can sell – just get creative! Make cupcakes, cookies, bread or other baked goods, sell plants, fruits or vegetables from your garden or local nurseries, design t-shirts, jewelry, candles, soaps or art!
Pick a sport you love to play (basketball, hockey, tennis, volleyball, baseball, bowling, etc) and organize a tournament through your school or in your community. Collect a prize for the winning team – and be sure to share your event with the local papers!
Sell tickets for prizes or a portion of the funds collected from ticket sales!
Collect donations of goods or services to be sold at competitive prices. The highest bidder on any item wins.
Whether it’s your school band, dance class or choir, a group of friends or local talent – donate your time by performing a benefit concert! Collect admission, let loose and have fun!
More Great Ideas:
- Dress Down at Work or School – talk to your supervisor, boss or teacher to organize a dress-down day each week or month. For a donation, give the option for participants to dress casually for the day!
- Bag Groceries – Ask your local grocer whether they’d allow you to help customers bag/box groceries in exchange for a donation.
- Bingo – Host a bingo night at home, school or at your local hall!
- Games Night – Organize a Monopoly, Halo, Jenga, Trivial Pursuit or other board game night. Invite individuals or teams to participate for a donation.
- Petting Zoo – Do you have a lot of pets or live near a farm? Organize a petting-zoo for local kids and families!
- Scavenger Hunt or Amazing Race – Create a route, clues and a list of items, tasks or games for participants to collect. Individuals or teams can join for a fee – with the winning team receiving a prize!
- Dance – Create the ultimate i-Pod dance list or hire a DJ or band, sell tickets, organize a few games and dance the night away!
- Comedy Night – Think you’re funny? Gather a group of friends or local talent for a night of laughs and charge a fee to attend.
- Art Sale – Contact local artists (painters, crafters, photographers, etc.) to donate some of their work to be displayed and sold to the public.
- Cake-Decorating Contest – See who can create the most amazing cake! Charge a fee to participate with prizes for the best designs.
- Karaoke – Rent or borrow a karaoke machine at your school or a local restaurant or pub. Sell tickets or charge admission and warm up those vocal chords!
- Pet Care – Offer to walk the dogs on your street in the evening or on weekends, bathe them or take them to the park for a small fee.