Ryan’s Well, along with local partner RWIDF (Rukungiri Women Integrated Development Foundation) will continue our work in the Rukungiri and Mitooma Districts in Western Uganda.
With your donation this project will provide 3,072 people with access to safe drinking water and hygiene education. This water access will allow more children to go to school because they will no longer need to spend their time traveling long distances to collect water. This will also allow more women the time to engage in income generating activities. This project will also facilitate a WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) training program for the benefiting communities to ensure the sustainability of these projects. This training includes education on the importance of sanitation, such as using clean jerry cans to transport collected water, and the health benefits of personal hygiene, such as washing hands with soap to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
Water Committees are created within all communities to ensure responsible maintenance and management of these water projects. These committees provide communities with the level of participation needed to ensure the sustainability of these water projects.
What do the funds support?
- Construction of 12 Protected Springs.
- Construction of 1×30 thousand litre Rainwater Harvesting Tank for a Primary School.
- Mobilization of all 13 Communities and organization of Community Water Committees.
- Extensive WASH training for Water Committees and all beneficiaries.
- Training of Caretakers in Maintenance, Management and Repair of all 13 sites.
- Substantial WASH Training via two radio broadcasts.
- On-going local monitoring and evaluation.
We are proud to have been working with RWIDF since 2003. They involve each community from the beginning in all project components, including: site location, committee organization, maintenance and repairs of the water source. This ensures community ownership of the project and contributes to the self-sustainability of vulnerable populations.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project