Location: Alebtong and Lira Districts of Northern Uganda
Partner: Divine Waters Ministries Uganda
Project Fund Code: UGDIV2019
This project is co-funded by Sustain for Life and Ryan’s Well
Divine Waters Uganda has been a partner with Ryan’s Well since 2003. The well-established team at Divine are very experienced in all of the work that’s involved in organizing a self-sustainable community. From the beginning of every project, communities are involved in all aspects of planning and implementation in order to facilitate ownership of the water project. Divine also works closely with local government District water officers in both site identification and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) training. This project will provide approximately 5,400 people with access to potable water.
What will the funds raised support:
- Community organization
- Water management team planning and Training
- Drilling of wells at 20 villages
- WASH Training in all communities
- Training of 12 new pump mechanics in Lira District
- Water quality testing of all sites
- Monthly monitoring or pumps and management committees and pump mechanics
- Workshops for Community Experience sharing with Focus Groups including Community representation, local government and district water and health officers in Omoro and Lira
This project will wrap up 5 years of prior project work in Alebtong District, Northern Uganda, and will be the first phase of a multi-year project in Lira District, which is one of the most under serviced districts in Uganda.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project