Divine Waters Uganda has been a partner with Ryan’s Well since 2003, and are very experienced in all of the components involved in organizing and training a self-sustainable community. From the beginning of every project, communities are involved in all aspects of planning, site selection, drilling and implementation in order to facilitate ownership of the water project. Divine also works closely with local government District water officers in both site identification and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) training to ensure the most vulnerable communities in Northern Uganda have access to safe water. This project will provide approximately 4,600 people with access to potable water.
What will the funds raised support:
- Community organization and sensitization on WASH training
- Drilling of 10 deep wells for 10 communities in Amach Sub-County
- Extensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) training for all 10 communities
- Formation of 10 WSSC (water committees)
- Training refresher for Hand Pump Mechanics in the Amach area
- Workshops for community experience sharing
- On-going local monitoring and evaluation
This project is the second phase of a multi-year project in Amach Sub-County, Lira District, which is one of the most under serviced districts in Uganda.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project.