This year, Ryan’s Well and DONA will continue to focus on the Ashanti people. Wells / distribution taps and hand washing stations will be installed in two health / maternity clinics that will service people from 19 surrounding villages. A village well will also be constricted in the community of Kofihwekrom.
District Water officers will be a part of WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) training that will be delivered to all communities. This is necessary for the “safe water chain” to improve the health of people living within these communities. Water Committees will be formed, and will be involved in all planning to ensure total community ownership upon completion of the project.
What will the Funds Support?
- Drilling of 3 Wells ( two health – maternity clinics and one village)
- Installation of 2 overhead storage tanks, distribution taps and hand washing stations
- Community organization and assistance in planning and forming of water committees
- Intensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Education) Training x3 communities
- Ongoing local monitoring and evaluation
This project will provide approximately 600 people from the community of Kofihwekrom with potable water and approximately 17,500 people from 19 villages that surround the health and maternity clinics in Numereso and Sukumu.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project.