Imagine walking many kilometres each day to find water. Now imagine that water is full of bacteria. But it’s your only water source so you drink it anyway. You’re exhausted from walking and are often extremely ill as a result.
This is the reality of over 9,000 people living in the Mitoomi-Bushongi Districts of Uganda.
But you can change this reality.
In partnership with the Ruhinda Women Integrated Development Foundation (RWIDF), Ryan’s Well Foundation has begun an extensive project. Your generosity will:
- Improve access to clean water for over 9,000 people
- Increase awareness in communities and schools about sanitation and positive hygiene standards through WASH training
- Prevent disease by strengthening women and youth protection via community workshops
- Mobilize communities through the organization of Community Water Committees
This project includes the construction of 37 protected springs. Protected springs naturally occur in the southwestern mountains of Uganda and are a cost-effective source of clean water that are made accessible with the construction of a reservoir tap.
The full list of deliverables that will be made possible from your kindness:
- 37 protected springs
- 25,000 litre Rainwater Harvesting tank
- One block of four latrines and girls’ washroom
- Training in maintenance and repair at all sites
With your help, we’ll achieve so much. Thank you!
Project Start Date: May 15, 2014
Anticipated Completion Date: March 2015
Fund Code: UGRWIDF2015