RWIDF has been a local partner with Ryan’s Well since 2003. Communities in Western Uganda are well trained in maintenance and repair, and WASH training has been very well executed. A recent monitoring trip to the Ruhinda region to review the work done this past year surpassed expectations. In order to do more work within this region, we need your help. This year, RWIDF and Ryan’s Well will be focusing on providing water to 32 villages in schools located withint the districts of Mitooma-Buchenyi and Rukingiri. Your donation will help fund:
- Construction of 30 Protected Springs
- Extensive WASH Training at all locations
- Organization of 31 Water and Sanitation Committees
- Community Workshops on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) to communities after implementation and initial training
- Construction of a 4 stance Latrine with handwashing at Rwoya Primary School
- Construction of a 30,000 litre Rainwater Harvesting Tank at the Rwabukoba Church, Health Center and Secondary School.
When Ryan’s Well works in a community, our partners work hand in hand with the people. By encouraging this, the sustainability of a well, spring, or rainwater harvesting tank are increased due to regular maintenance, and it is guaranteed that a sense of ownership and empowerment will be evoked within the community. With the Rukingiri Women Integrated Development Foundation, it cannot be stressed how much the women of these communities are thankful for the work being done in their villages.
Partner: RWIDF ( Rukingiri Women Integrated Development Foundation)
Project Cost: $81,535.00
Fund Code: UGRWIDF2017
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project.