Location: Amach Sub-County, Lira District, Northern Uganda
Partner: Divine Waters Ministries Uganda
Project Fund Code: UGDIV2021
Divine Waters Uganda has been a partner with Ryan’s Well since 2003, and are very experienced in all of the components involved in organizing and training a self-sustainable community. From the beginning of every project, communities are involved in all aspects of planning, site selection, drilling and implementation in order to facilitate ownership of the water project. This project will provide approximately 8,000+ people with access to potable water.
What will the funds raised support:
- Construction of 10 deep wells in Amach Sub-County, Northern Uganda
- Mobilization of all 10 communities/schools and organize 10 WSSC (Water Committees)
- Formation of 10 Community Health Clubs (CHC)
- Extensive WASH training for all 10 communities/schools
- Empowerment of 10 Voluntary Savings and Loan Association groups (VSLA)
- Development of Village Environmental Protection Committees (VEPC) and planting of 1,000 trees (100 at each site)
- Empower the current Sub County Water Board on the Preventative Maintenances Model
- Experience Sharing Workshops, Hand Pump Mechanic Refresher and Community Dialogue
- Ongoing local monitoring and evaluation
The project will incorporate strategies learned and refined in previous projects, with a focus on empowering youth to improve overall health, and the promotion of women in leadership roles to create new opportunities for personal development. This project is the second phase of a multi-year project in Amach Sub-County, Lira District, which is one of the most under serviced districts in Uganda.
Every effort is made to designate your funds as requested; however, if the specified project has become fully funded or unforeseen circumstances delay its start, we may allocate your donation to another important project.