Ryan’s Well and HAS have worked together for over 10 years and have a great partnership. The hospital, with a catchment area of over 200 villages, know the needs of the communities that it services. HAS organizes communities, trains pump mechanics and implements long lasting solutions with people in gaining access to potable water and sanitation. Extensive WASH training is involved during all stages of implementation. This extensive project will bring into service 18 Water projects and a block of 6 latrines and hand washing station to a school. This project will provide approximately 5,900 people with access to potable water.
What will the funds raised support?
- Drilling of 3 wells (two at schools and a third for a community)
- Construction of a school rain water harvesting tank 50m3 and repairs at two others (Cisterns) located at 3 schools
- Construction of 1 block of a 6 stance Latrine and hand washing station at a school
- Capping and rehabilitation of 3 community Springs
- Rehabilitation of 10 existing wells and reinforcement of water committees at each site
- Community organization and assistance in planning and forming of water committees
- Intensive WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene education) training
- Ongoing local monitoring and evaluation
When Ryan’s well supports work with all of our in country partners, locations where the rehabilitation of previous projects and community committee re-engagement take place, our work extends beyond previous Ryan’s Well funded projects. In many cases previous funding organizations are no longer supporting projects in the area that we are working in.